You have no idea how long I have been wanting to place a Sugarpill order. Let’s just say forever. I finally did it and spent a good $90 dollars of Birthday-Christmas money on all of their pressed eye shadows. Best value ever – definitely one of the proudest purchases of my young life.
I just played with them for the first time today and I was like:
I’m going to show ya’all some swatches and then hopefully convert you as well.
All swatches were applied on the back of my hand with a brush over Urban Decay Primer Potion. They seriously didn’t budge. Even after I washed my hands I was like AH! BLESS MY SOUL! They are still there~ O_O
Sweetheart Palette ($34):
At first, I wasn’t sure that I would be all into these colors based on
the promo pictures… but holy G I’m in love. If I had to choose one of the two
palettes, it would be this one. Surprisingly enough.
1: DOLLIPOP – Amazing pink! I never wear pinks near my eyes but I decided that if I was going to start, this was probably my best bet. True matte pink. Blends well into Poison Plum especially. WARNING: Dollipop stains!
2: MIDORI – Another unexpected love. I was truly not into this color when looking at the swatches and promos but seeing it applied showed me why it deserved to be included in this collection. It has a satin texture and reminds me of Jasmine from Aladdin.
3: AFTERPARTY – My favorite out of all of them. If you get one, get this one. For the longest time I held the impression that Afterparty would have a “creamy” finish. On the contrary, it’s extremely vibrant! It has a lush and beautiful shimmer finish. WOW.
4: TAKO – It’s a good white and doesn’t fade into my skin tone. I can still, however blend it out into a nice highlight.
Burning Heart Palette ($34):
This is the one I’ve really been wanting for a long time. I haven’t
experimented with the colors yet, but swatched they are
really gorgeous and look just like the do in the pan.
1: BUTTERCUPCAKE – Finally I can have a yellow in my collection. A real yellow. *insanity giggles*
2: FLAMEPOINT – Same as above. They blend together really well.
3: LOVE+ – Has this incredible sheen on it. The finish looks less “powdery” matte and more… like dull leather. I don’t know how else to describe it, it’s awesome.
4: POISON PLUM – I was most looking forward to having this in my collection out of all of the shadows. What can I say? It blends well into most of the other colors (harmony wise). Texture wise – it blends adequately well.
(Not Pictured) BULLETPROOF – It’s a dense and dark matte black. I use it every day.
- I’m so happy that Sugarpill offers PRESSED SHADOWS! To be honest, most of the time I can’t deal with loose eyeshadow.
- The packaging is incredibly fun, beautifully designed, and high quality.
- Sugarpill’s website is really well organized, professional, and easy to navigate. Oh yeah, and it’s visually stunning.
- I like how Amy has concentrated on offering a limited selection of colors that are ALL good. It frustrates me when I have to beat myself up over which colors to choose because a brand’s choices are SO vast and their shadows are hit or miss. In other words, I think that Sugarpill’s colors are all high quality and well thought out.
- Amy, the founder, is really sweet! (and also basically my idol) lol :] She handwrites thank you on every order form and included a free sticker and 2 small samples of the Chromalust loose pigment!
- The value is incredible. They cost more than drugstore makeup but the shadows are going to last for a very long time and like I said, everything is top-notch quality. I read some other reviews where they mentioned that one possible negative was that they might be “too bright” for some people. Very funny.
- My EOTD below: In order I used UDPP, Pixie Epoxy, Afterparty, Midori, Poison Plum, and Dollipop
I’m sure you already know that you are going to be seeing a lot more Sugarpill on me in the future.