I’ve had this palette for quite a few months now (I can’t remember) so I can safely say that I really like it.
Kat Von D for Sephora True Romance Ludwig Palette
$34 available from Sephora.com
- 1 matte black, 1 matte chocolate, 6 mid shimmery neutral colors. A good variety.
- The shimmers are a baby step up from satin, they don’t have a high intensity sparkly-like shimmer, just a bright sheen, which I love
- The packaging is sleek and gorgeous, I like the feel and weight of it.
- Has a large, nice mirror along with some tiny brush applicators (which look nice but aren’t great for applying the shadows)
- The eye shadows are blendable, buildable, and long lasting. My makeup looks exactly the same 12 hours after I apply it.
- There is really no suitable every day highlight color in here. Tequila is much too shimmery and the other light sand color has random glitters and is kind of useless.
Swatches were applied with a shader brush on top of UDPP.
Lucifer – Basic matte black, I’m glad it’s included in the palette.
Orbi – Mid shimmer olive green, leans golden, not muddy!
Dimebag – Muted [cooler] lime, mid shimmer.
Tequila – Shimmer cornsilk. Beautiful!
Clay – The only useless one. Basically matches my skin tone, not very pigmented, has golden glitters so it’s hard to work with. Why is this one here!?
Downtown – Champagne/pinky light copper. My favorite!
Baroque – Medium copper with medium shimmer.
Leather – Matte chocolate brown. Nothing special, but good to have.
I love this palette. It’s great to travel with and it’s reasonably priced.
I would absolutely recommend Kat Von D’s eye shadows to anyone.