Rock and Republic’s single pressed eye shadows
$28 each available at: rockandrepublic.com
Colors (from left to right)
Vintage: Warm brown matte. There is something special about this one, it has a bit more depth than other brown mattes. It buffs into the eyelid much more quickly and easily than other eye shadows (which sometimes ‘sit’ on top of the skin)
Carat: Looks white in the pan, but it’s the most delicate warm gold. I have never seen anything like it. It glistens.
Lawsuit: This one is worth adding to your collection because it is so much darker and way less red based than most other green-brown duochrome shadows.
- Amazing formula! Both mattes and shimmers are soft but not too soft. The pigmentation is great and the blendability is unmatched.
- The packaging is very solid and aesthetically pleasing, the compact comes with a mirror.
- Rock and Republic offers a large selection of colors.
- You can’t see what the color is when the compact is closed. It’s confusing to not know which one you’re picking up.
- There are no clasps. I can’t believe this hasn’t been mentioned by anyone before! I seriously opened and dropped the lid about thirty times to detect any small amount of magnetization, but I get the feeling that the only force holding the lid down is gravity.
- Because of the lack of clasps combined with their hefty weight, they can’t travel.
- Very pricey if you don’t purchase them on sale from Hautelook.